Friday, August 5, 2011

How do I stop feeling so anxious today about my long distance relationship?

My long distance relationship of 5 months has been magical. We are older and have mutual friends and reminisce a lot about the past/ He is in love with me and we get along great. The problem is, there is no end in sight at the moment. He feels like my career is taking off here and doesn't want me to give it up, and isn't sure where he will be living after gradschool and doesn't want to drag me somewhere where I'm not happy, but he says he doesn't want to live without me. I would be happy to move ot him, but it's too soon to even talk about that. Anyway, I was with him for 2 weeks, and we had good talks, some tears about these qestions, but mostly wonderful love. He says he loves me more now than ever. He says he wants to build this relationship and make it strong, that we can't make heavy decisions just yet. The thing is, I feel like I need a plan for the future, a date, and a promise that we will live together in a year's time. I feel so unsteady today, being away from him and relying on texts and calls again, and for the last 2 days I feel like he isn't initiating our talks like he normally does. It's hard to go back to this after 2 weeks of being in the same house and feeling so good about it.I feel like giving up, but he is the best boyfriend I've ever had. What do I do? The thought of longing and wondering is getting to me in a major way?

No comments:

Post a Comment